We know that a vital part of IT governance and ensuring continued functionality is to routinely assess the direction, capabilities and performance of your IT environment. As a small or medium-sized business, this information can help guide decisions for future growth and planning initiatives.
The most damaging phrase in the language is “We’ve always done it this way!”
— Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper
What is an “IT Audit?”
It can be difficult to know what practices, habits, or assumptions have been formed by inaccurate information or even lack thereof. An expert analyst will survey the systems involved and attempt to both identify and document information relevant to your IT infrastructure. With information discovered with an IT audit, we can propose more efficient solutions, determine areas for improvement, cite security concerns, and point out candidates for upgrade or replacement.
Do you know exactly how your backups work? Are you suffering through clunky processes simply because “it’s how it’s always been done”? Do you have a disaster recovery plan? Are you using archaic workflows, software or equipment? To help you carry out such assessments, we offer IT audit services that measure the state of your IT processes against industry-recognized best-practice standards by addressing:
- Performance of IT systems & resources
- Hardware Lifecycle management
- Security procedures & compliance
- Areas for improvement in IT service delivery
- Opportunities for improved efficiency & effectiveness
- Readiness for major IT projects
- Software License Compliance
- Federal & provincial regulatory compliance
- Identification of legacy systems and outdated workflows
- IT Documentation